POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More fun with sand : Re: More fun with sand Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More fun with sand
From: William Tracy
Date: 30 Jul 2009 01:40:59
Message: <4a71326b@news.povray.org>
Geez, I'm getting almost as bad as alphaQuad with my posting habits. :-P

I have attached here an image rendered with 1 for the octaves value for
f_ridged_mf(), which gives a very different feel to the sand dunes.
Unfortunately, since all the ridges are perfectly level, it only looks
right if the camera is significantly above the horizon. :-(

I have also attached my new sand.inc. It includes two macros: sand() and
sand_basic().

sand_basic() is a front-end for sand(); it takes two parameters: The
object that you want to turn into sand, and the color you want. It then
calls sand(), providing sane defaults to all the other parameters for
sand(). The defaults have worked for me, but tweak as needed, or call
sand() directly.

Feedback is much appreciated. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom

Today's random quote is:
Department of Redundancy Department is redundant!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sandridged-ior15.jpg' (32 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'sandridged-ior15.jpg'
sandridged-ior15.jpg